Welcome to Year 6
We have 53 children in our year group. The teacher in 2MH is Mr Harrold. In 2NA, the teacher is Miss Ahmed. The additional adults in year 6 are Mrs Maciaszek and Mrs Cann.
During the Autumn term we will:
- Learn how to do dance in unison based on the Haka.
- Lean about healthy living and creating a budget friendly pasty.
- Creating a self-portrait in the style of Sir John Tenniel.
- Learning to swim 25m using a preferred type of stroke.
- Learning how to describe music used within films.
- Learn how to play a new sport – Tag-rugby.
- Create a montage in the style of Peter Blake.
- Learn about living things and their habitats.
- King John and Magna Carta.
Our class text
2MH are reading the story Holes by Louis Sachar and 2NA are reading the story River Boy by Tim Bowler.
Year 6 will do PE on Friday and go swimming on Tuesdays this term. Please ensure that your child has their PE kit in school for Friday and swimming kit is brought in on Tuesdays.
We started Anti-Bullying Week with Odd Socks Day. Within this day we discussed how it is OK to be different and unique!