Hollymount School is part of the Black Pear Trust, a Multi Academy Trust based in Worcestershire. The Black Pear Trust is governed by a Board of Trustees, who are the accountable body for the Trust. Each of its schools has its own Local Governing Body, and a clearly defined scheme of delegation operates between the Board of Trustees and Local Governing Bodies.
Our Local Governing Body plays an important role in supporting the Board of Trustees and providing key elements of local governance for schools.
They are responsible for:
- Ensuring the school is operating within the mission and ethos of the Trust and contributing to the Trust’s key strategic priorities;
- Monitoring the quality of teaching and learning, attendance, behaviour and safety, within the school and progress against the School Development Plan;
- Holding school leaders to account for improvement of standards in the school;
- Engaging with wider school activities as a means of monitoring overall quality;
- Ensuring compliance with the Trust’s policy for Safeguarding and that the school maintains a culture of vigilance in respect of all safeguarding matters; and
- Appointing all staff except Head Teachers, teaching staff on Leadership Scale and Support Staff on Grade 6 or above.
The Local Governing Body identifies lead governors with a specific remit and oversight for Safeguarding, the progress of disadvantaged pupils and the provision of students with special education needs or disabilities.
The Local Governing Body meets six times each academic year, and governors also attend events and visit the school between meetings to enable them to develop a clear picture of the quality of provision across the school.
Our Local Governing Body:
To contact our governor(s), please directly contact the Hollymount School office and they shall set up correspondence.
T: 01905 23159