Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools and academies to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. It was first introduced in April 2011. Since then the amount schools and academies receive has increased. Schools and academies will receive funding based on the number of pupils who have been eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years.
· £1,300 for each eligible primary aged pupil
· £1,900 for each Looked After Child
KEY PRINCIPLES FOR USING PUPIL PREMIUM:
1. Hollymount has an academy wide commitment to raise achievement for pupils who are eligible for Pupil Premium and knows these pupils must make faster progress than non-eligible pupils and is determined to achieve this.
2. Hollymount never confuses eligible pupils with low ability and strives to ‘bring out the best’ in this group of pupils and support them to achieve the highest levels.
3. Hollymount creates an overall package of support aimed to tackle the range of barriers including; attendance, behaviour, external factors, professional development focussing on improving outcomes for eligible pupils, improving the quality of teaching and learning, language acquisition, parental engagement, opportunities for first hand experiences and development of literacy and numeracy skills.
4. Hollymount uses assessment systems to track and enable thorough analysis of data (Reading, Writing and Maths) to identify pupils who are under achieving and why.
5. Hollymount directs resources and interventions to accelerate progress of eligible pupils and close the attainment gap compared to their peers.
6. Hollymount uses data to carefully track the impact of targeted spending (interventions, projects or pedagogy) on attainment and progress of eligible pupils.
7. The Pupil Premium Leader and the Principal have a clear overview of how funding is allocated and the difference it is making to the outcomes of pupils termly.
8. Hollymount ensures class teachers, phase leaders and subject leaders know which pupils are eligible for Pupil Premium so they can take responsibility for accelerating progress and accountability is shared across the academy.
9. The Governing Body is ambitious for pupils and closely monitors the academy’s effectiveness in closing the gap between different groups of pupils.